Calling all donut enthusiasts!
This Friday, June 3rd, is National Donut Day, meaning it is the perfect time to set out in search for the perfect donut to celebrate the big day.
sprinkled? jelly filled? Frosted? The possibilities are endless.
And in Victoria, you’re sure to find gluten free and vegan options, so everyone can partake!
Ready to take care of that sweet tooth? Here are 7 places in and around Victoria to get fresh, delicious donuts this National Donut Day:
Frickin Delights Donuts
Frickin’ Delights Donuts, originally from Alberta, are now open in YYJ—in their sweet little spot on Yates Street.
Frickin’ Delights donuts not only look delicious, they’re also 100% vegan, made fresh daily, and come in a large variety of different flavors.
- Location: 632 Yates Street
- Hours: 9 am to 3 pm Tuesday to Sunday, closed Monday’
Empire Donuts is well known in Victoria for its delicious donuts.
On National Donut Day, they will be celebrating by giving away a free birthday cake donut with purchase for the first 50 customers at each shop!
If you’re in the West Shore, you can also pick up a donut from Coffee Shack Westshore.
- locations: 736 View Street and 230 Cook Street #109
- Hours: 8 am to 3 pm, Wednesday to Friday, 9 am to 3 pm., Saturday (View), 9 am to 3 pm Wednesday to Sunday (Cook). Closing times are approximate as they serve until they are sold out.
Rhino Coffee has opened it Brand new location in Langford and their donuts are a crowd favourite!
Stop by to try a delicious donut from their assortment of flavors, including a gluten free option!
- Location: 2840 Peatt Road Unit 111
- Hours: 7 am to 4 pm Monday to Wednesday, 7 am to 7 pm Thursday and Friday, 8 am to 7 pm Saturday and 8 am to 4 pm Sunday
Yonni’s Dougnuts, part of the Discovery Coffee family, serves a variety of classic donuts such as chocolate cruller, coffee glazed ring, london fog, raspberry jam fill and more.
We’re drooling already!
Order online for pick-up or stop by the bakery.
- Location: 660 Discovery St
- Hours: 7 am to 4 pm, Monday to Sunday
Hey Happy Coffee
Hey Happy Coffee is a bright coffee shop addition to lower Johnson street.
Stop by for a coffee and a unique and delicious donut to go!
While you’re there, be sure to check out their assortment of other pastries and lunch options.
- Location: 560 Johnson Street #122
- Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday
Fern Cafe and Bakery
Everything on Fern Cafe’s menu is vegan and made in house with love and care, so you know their donuts are sure to be a work of art.
Stay up to date on their Instagram for changing donut flavor offerings and stop by to try one for yourself!
- Location: 1-1115 North Park Street
- Hours: 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, 9 am to 6 pm, Saturday and Sunday
If you’re looking to finish off a meal with some delicious donut treats, check out Darcy’s Pub!
At their downtown Wharf Street location, their dessert menu includes donut holes tossed in cinnamon sugar and caramel drizzle and served with vanilla ice cream.
At Westshore, you can grab some of their mini donuts tossed in cinnamon sugar served with baileys hot chocolate dip.
- locations: 1127 Wharf St and 737 Goldstream Ave
- Hours: 11 am to 1 am (Wharf) and 11:30 am to 9 pm, Monday and Tuesday, 11:30 am to 11 pm, Wednesday and Thursday, 11:30 am to 1 am Friday and Saturday and 11;30 am to 9 pm, Sunday (Goldstream)
What is your favorite kind of donut?