Victoria metropolis amenities to shut to public | Covid-19

All city facilities will close to the public effective March 21 through the end of the month due to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommendations to limit the spread of COVID-19.

The city will continue to provide services to the public during this time through alternate means, according to a news release.

Building and Equipment Services

Custodial and maintenance crews will continue to clean and sanitize buildings and perform building maintenance as needed. Crews will be prepared to immediately respond to any concerns related to COVID-19.

City Attorney’s Office

To submit a claim or request public information, fill out a form at For assistance, email [email protected].

City Secretary’s Office

Applications for birth records, death records and permits will only be accepted by mail. Application forms are available online at Payment must be in the form of a check or money order, or the customer can request on their application form that staff call them to take a credit card payment over the phone. A $3 convenience fee applies to credit card payments. Alternatively, residents can order birth and death records online at

Garage sale permits can be ordered online at

For questions about vital statistics and permits or general questions, contact City Secretary April Hilbrich at [email protected] or 361-485-3040 or by fax at 361-485-3045.

Funeral homes should contact Hilbrich for burial transit permits that cannot be issued through TxEVER or for death certificates.


The communications phone line, 361-485-3110, will continue to be staffed during business hours. For news and updates about the City of Victoria, visit or follow the City on Facebook at “City of Victoria, Texas – Government” or on Twitter at @VictoriaPIO.

For more information, email [email protected].

Convention and Visitors Bureau

Staff will be available by phone and electronically to answer any inquiries related to Victoria attractions, events, museums, restaurants, retail and night life locations. To submit an inquiry, call 361-485-3116, email [email protected], visit and select “Contact Us” under “About Us.”

For more information, go to or visit the Facebook page.

development services

Development services reviews and building permits will be processed by email at [email protected], by phone at 361-485-3320 and by fax at 361-485-3326. Fees may be paid by credit card or by mailing a check to 700 Main Center, Suite 128. Customers are asked to be patient and expect some delays.

The Citizen’s Access Portal at may be used to apply for mechanical, electrical and plumbing permits.

If necessary, the department will offer limited appointments and meet contractors at job sites. Pre-development meetings will be suspended, but projects can be discussed by phone. Inspections will continue at this time.


Contractor pre-construction meetings will be held at 700 N. Main St. on a limited basis. No more than 10 people will be allowed at meetings. On-site inspections will continue as usual.

For questions and complaints, residents may contact engineering at 361-485-3340; email [email protected]; submit a customer service request at; or mail to Engineering Office, 700 Main Center, Suite 201.

Environmental Services

All garbage collection routes will continue as scheduled. Residents can submit service requests or find more information at, by calling 361-485-3320 or by emailing [email protected].

The community appearance division will continue its scheduled work. Landfill and compost facilities will remain open.


Payments to vendors will be processed once per week. The department has been in contact with vendors to coordinate the processing of electronic payments.

Processing of payments associated with accounts receivable operation will continue only if payment can be received by phone. Otherwise, billing will be placed on hold. For assistance, call 361-485-3080 or email [email protected].

fire department

All fire stations will be closed to the public. The fire marshal’s office is suspending basic inspections until further notice. Required inspections may be completed under certain conditions. For questions about plans, permitting and construction, contact the office at 361-485-3460 or [email protected].

To contact fire department administration, call 361-485-3450 or visit the fire department’s Facebook page.

Human Resources

To apply for a job, visit For assistance, call 361-485-3000 or email [email protected].

Municipal Court

Residents can pay citations online by visiting the municipal court website, and some citations may be eligible for payment over the phone by calling 361-485-3050. The court will host virtual court appearances at 1 pm Mondays and Thursdays starting March 23. For more information, visit

The court will accept documentation by email at [email protected]; by fax at 361-485-3065; or by mail at 107 W. Juan Linn St., Victoria TX 77901.

Residents may set up a driver’s safety course for eligible offenses through the court’s payment portal, Additional services will be available beginning Monday.

Parks and Recreation

To contact parks and recreation administrative staff, call 361-485-3200 or email [email protected].

The Victoria Community Center will be closed to the public. To contact staff, call 361-485-3215.

Riverside Golf Course and Riverside Stadium will be closed to the public. Other park facilities will be closed to the public where possible and appropriate. Detailed information about closures will be posted on the department’s Facebook page.

Crews will continue with required maintenance during closures.

Police Department

To obtain a copy of a police report, contact the records division at 361-485-3700 or [email protected]. To obtain a copy of a crash report or to file a report, go to

To contact personnel in the training unit or recruitment unit, call 361-485-3799. To contact the community engagement unit, call 361-485-3808.

For property recovery, contact the crime scene unit to schedule an appointment at 361-485-3788. Sex offender registration will continue as scheduled. Contact Detective James Collins at 361-485-3760 with any questions.

To schedule an appointment with a detective, call 361-485-3730. For other non-emergency assistance, call the department at 361-573-3221.


Drive-thru pickup of materials will be located at the horseshoe driveway on the north side of the library off Commercial Street from 9 am to 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.

Digital materials, including ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, online learning and training are available to library card holders at

Due dates for all materials will be extended until regular operations resume. All book drops are open and available for patrons to return items 24/7. Book drops are located at the library on Main Street, the parking lot of the Dr. Pattie Dodson Public Health Center parking lot at Navarro Street and Airline Road and the parking lot of the Victoria Mall near Red Lobster.

Library fees can be paid by credit card over the phone by calling 361-485-3301.

The library is planning to offer some of its children’s and adult programming online and will share information as it becomes available.

To apply for an e-resource library card, reserve items, schedule a drive-thru pickup of materials or place holds or for additional questions and assistance, call the library at 361-485-3301 or email [email protected].

Announcements and updates will be posted at and on the library’s Facebook and Instagram accounts.

Public Works

Water and wastewater treatment facilities will be closed to the public unless authorized by the treatment plant operator. Authorized visitors will have access via the keypad at the front entrance gate.

Pretreatment compliance tests may be submitted by mail or at the 700 main drive-thru window or drop box. Call the pretreatment department at 361-485-3186 for assistance or to schedule a pickup of results.

The public works facility will be closed to the public unless authorized by the street manager, traffic manager or utility operations manager or their designee. Suppliers must call the appropriate manager for access.

For assistance, call 361-485-3381 or email [email protected].

Purchasing and printing

No external print jobs or orders will be completed. The department wants to be in contact with customers. Bid openings and conferences will be conducted via Zoom meetings or teleconference. Other operations, including mail, will continue. For assistance, email [email protected].

Utility billing

Residents can pay water, sewer or garbage bills online by visiting and clicking “Utility Bill Pay” at the top of the page; by setting up a bank draft; by phone at 361-485-3400; at the Utility Billing Office’s drive-thru window, 700 N. Main St.; by mailing to Utility Billing Office, 700 Main Center, Suite 110; or by placing payment in one of the drop boxes located at 700 Main next to the drive-thru window, on the outside of the drive-thru lane and on the wall next to the rear entrance of 700 Main or at HEB, 6106 N. Navarro St. next to the Speedy Stop entrance.

Residents can request utility billing service by filling out a form at, then mailing the completed form to the utility billing office, faxing to 361-485 -3405, emailing to [email protected], delivering to the 700 Main drive-thru window or dropping at one of the drop box locations listed above.

For assistance setting up an account, call 361-485-3400 or email [email protected]. For meter leak or consumption questions, call or mail to the utility billing office or visit

Comments are closed.